Wednesday 25 January 2012

And so the blood began

Lets start at the rather bloody beginning.

For most of 2010 I propped up the Tampax shares. I know its gross, and some people may bring up their lunch now, but imagine how I felt. Barely a day went by without me bleeding. I had finished having the Depo injection in an attempt to get up the duff. It was a sensible decision that I easily bullied Him into. We both had good jobs, a mortgage together, a cat, and a healthy joint bank account.

By the August the Tsunami of blood arrived and I couldn't handle it anymore so I went to the Doctors where I have pretty much remained a permanent fixture since!

I had blood test, pelvic exams, swabs, took tablets, and things didn't improve. By December I was at my wits end and was hit by the most violent sickness bug known to man: The Winter Vomiting Virus!

After a few days being friends with the loo I returned to work, only to be returning home again after a few hours. That hour long journey was the worst of my life as I was crippled in absolute agony.

Back to the Doctors and they decided to do a smear test, and some other blood test, just to rule things out before referring me to the Fertility Clinic as we had been trying for a year - and that is very difficult when you are always bleeding!

Between Christmas and New Year I returned back to the Doctor for more painkillers and was happily told my test were clear so we would more the referral along in the New Year.

Then, one night on my first week back to work in January 2011 I returned home to a rather thick letter. "Ah", I thought, "My fertility referral paperwork". Unfortunately that was not to be my first wrong presumption in 2011, and started the year off on a definite depression: They had found abnormal cervical cells that may, or may not be, cancerous and I was to be referred for an urgent Colposcopy!

No comments:

Post a Comment